YES Network launches 'YES, We're Here' social media initiative
YES continues this week with its three daily series as part of its "YES, We're Here" social media initiative. YES talent will host interviews three times a day:
- • Lunch time ET: Monday's premiere with Meredith Marakovits and Sarah Kustok
- • Afternoon ET: Monday's premiere with Bob Lorenz and Ian Joy
- • Evening ET: Monday's premiere with Michael Kay and Ian Eagle
Through the rest of this week, YES will post new episodes daily of all three shows on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and YESNetwork.com.
These follow on the heels of YES' extensive existing social media efforts since sports were placed on hiatus:
- • Meredith conducted an interview on social media with Yankees manager Aaron Boone on Monday that touched on a number of topics, including how he keeps in touch with his players, Aaron Judge's rehab, how Boone is passing time with no baseball, and more.
- • Meredith has continued conducting her interviews that she launched during Spring Training. Over the past week, she has interviewed Michael Kay, Bob Lorenz, Ryan Ruocco, Sarah Kustok and Suzyn Waldman.
- • Jack Curry has resurrected a popular staple of his Jack Curry TV digital series from a few years back -- the opening of packs of baseball cards, this time while providing card-by-card commentary live on Twitter; his second "opening" occurred Monday evening
- • YES will be simulating Yankees games, a Home Run Derby and other events via MLB The Show 20
- • YES has launched a bracket game in which fans vote for the best Yankees player nickname.
- • YES' CenterStage shows are now available as podcasts
On the television side, YES has premiered three "Classics":
- • Last Thursday: Knicks vs. Nets, Oct. 25, 2019 (Kyrie Irving scores 26 points in his second game as a Net)
- • Last Friday: Bulls vs. Nets, Jan. 31, 2020 (Kyrie Irving scores 54 points)
- • Last Saturday: NYCFC vs. DC United, Sept. 1, 2016 (Frank Lampard scores game-winner in stoppage time after being honored pregame for recording 300 career goals
Finally, after contacting YES in hopes of lending a voice amidst the coronavirus crisis, Mariano Rivera appeared last Friday on ESPN Radio New York's The Michael Kay Show, simulcast live on YES, and talked about the coronavirus crisis, the Houston Astros sign-stealing saga and more.